Floral Happiness with Elizabeth

There all kinds of floral ideas blooming in the Studio.  Join us as we share our bouquets of colorful happiness.


My floral journey started here:

This was a gift given to me and my husband at Christmas.  This canvas bag contained a cellophane wrapped package of delicious pistachios.  The bag was fabulously constructed and I couldn't part with it after removing the nuts.  I instantly thought it could be art-cycled!!!  The reverse side had nutritional and manufacturing information so both sides needed a makeover.

Which lead to this:
Side A
Side B
The majority of colorful mediums I used included lots of white and clear Gesso, acrylic paints mixed with a textile medium, VersaCraft Inks, VersaMagic Inks, StazOn Inks, Faber-Castell PITT Big Brush Pens, a white paint pen and a heat tool.

Some images might not be overly visible, but they added immense depth and texture to the overall design.  Other images were used as a base to do some freestyle painting.

These are some of the Penny Black stamps and stencils you might spot throughout the design.


Get your vases ready.  Jill will be sharing her beautiful bouquets next.